Norwalk, CT—December 4, 2013-- TMC announced today the lineup of speakers for its Fitness and Sports Technology (FAST) Expo. The event will be held December 9, 2013, at the Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City, California, and will focus on the positive impact that increased access to wearable technologies, mobile platforms, sensors, real-time biometrics and performance data can have on fitness and performance.
FAST Expo speakers and sessions will include:
- Paul Robbins, director of Elite Performance for STATS (News - Alert) LLC, will provide the opening Keynote address at 11:30am, titled “No Stone Left Unturned – STATS and the Discovery and Analysis of Real Time Player.” Robbin’s keynote will discuss how he NBA and STATS LLC recently announced they will install STATS SportVU Player Tracking technology in every NBA arena beginning with the 2013/14 season.
- Dawn Scott, fitness coach for the US Soccer Federation and Women’s National Soccer Team, will also present in the session “No Stone Left Unturned – STATS and the Discovery and Analysis of Real Time Player.” He will explore the ability to quantify and analyze every moment of game time for better training and performance.
- Qaizar Hassonjee, VP Innovation, Wearable Sports Electronics for adidas, will provide a presentation and discussion at 12:30pm, titled “Tracking Player Biometric and Performance Data in Real Time through Wearable Technology.” In is presentation, Hassonjee will focus on how the adidas miCoach Elite wearable technology platform monitors and measures individual player biometrics in real time as each player on a team actively participates and interacts with teammates on the field. Its ability to aggregate both individual and team biometric data and the ability to directly correlate this information with real time on the field activities is a major step forward for coaches, trainers and doctors to proactively evaluate myriad player activities, as well as numerous health markers leading to better coaching and training insights.
- Robert Connor, CEO of Medibotics, will participate in a panel discussion at 2:30pm, titled “Turning Real Time Biometric and On-court Data into Actionable Performance Gains: The Major Big Data Challenge.” This session will explore the challenges of delivering effective sports intelligence that can be turned into actionable and truly coachable intelligence, and what data analysis options exist to solve the problem.
- Frank Wheeler, Global Vice President, Sports and Entertainment of SAP (News - Alert), will also present at the “Turning Real Time Biometric and On-court Data into Actionable Performance Gains: The Major Big Data Challenge” session.
- Mladen Barbaric, founder & CEO of Pearl Studies, will participate in a session at 3:30pm, titled “Turning Technology into True Sports Advantages.” This session will explore several case studies on how wireless and wearable technology, including smart fabrics, are already being used in the field to either capture unique on-field perspectives.
- Christopher Cox, founder & president of Pivothead Wearable Imaging, will also present in the “Turning Technology into True Sports Advantages” session.
- Hamid Farzaneh, CEO of Sensoplex, will participate in a panel discussion at 4:30pm, titled The session will explore sensors that measure biometrics, sensors that measure impacts, devices that transmit Machine-to-Machine (M2M) wireless data and how these devices come together into effective systems that can lead to improved sports safety, improved training capabilities and health gains.
- Michael Wagner, VP of Sales, Western Region of Telit Wireless Solutions, will also present in the “Sensor Technology, M2M and Sports Fitness and Safety” session.
- Cecilia Abadie, founder & CTO of Byte An Atom, will participate in a panel discussion on at 5:15pm, titled “Health and Fitness in Consumer Markets—Google (News - Alert) Glass and Beyond.” This session will explore the options available to utilize wearable technology and mobile health software to build consumer, customer and member engagement, loyalty and significantly deeper fitness awareness.
- Pierre-Alexander Fournier, co-founder & CEO of Hexoskin, will also present in the “Health and Fitness in Consumer Markets—Google Glass and Beyond” session.
“It is often difficult to mention wearable technology without acknowledging its fast growing presence in the sports and fitness space,” said Rich Tehrani, TMC CEO and conference chairman. “We have an incredible lineup of speakers ready to share their insight, stories and expertise in this market, and we look forward to meeting them, and our attendees, at the inaugural FAST Expo.”
The FAST Expo is supported by Gold Sponsor Pivothead, and is held in conjunction with Wearable Tech Expo, held December 10-11, 2013, at the Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City, California.
Registration for FAST Expo is now open; contact Frank Coppola at 203-852-6800 x131 for more information. For media inquiries, contact Ashley Baster. Companies interested in exhibiting, sponsorship or advertising packages for FAST and/or Wearable Tech Expo should contact TMC's Dave Rodriguez at 203-852-6800 x146.
For the latest FAST Expo news, updates and information, follow the event on Twitter at @fitnessportech.
TMC is a global, integrated media company that supports clients' goals by building communities in print, online, and face to face. TMC publishes multiple magazines including Cloud Computing, M2M Evolution, Customer, and Internet Telephony. TMCnet is the leading source of news and articles for the communications and technology industries, and is read by as many as 1.5 million unique visitors monthly. TMC produces a variety of trade events, including ITEXPO, the world's leading business
technology event, as well as industry events: Asterisk (News - Alert) World; AstriCon; ChannelVision (CVx) Expo; Cloud4SMB Expo; Customer Experience (CX) Hot Trends Symposium; DevCon5 - HTML5 & Mobile App Developer Conference; LatinComm Conference and Expo; M2M Evolution Conference & Expo; Mobile Payment Conference; Software Telco Congress, StartupCamp; Super Wi-Fi Summit - The Global Spectrum (News - Alert) Sharing and TV White Space Event; SIP Trunking-Unified Communications Seminars; Wearable Tech Conference & Expo; WebRTC Conference & Expo III; and more. Visit TMC Events for additional information.
Media and Analyst Contact:
Edited by Cassandra Tucker
Wearable Tech World Home