Toluna QuickSurveys Releases Apple Watch Survey Results: Overall, Touch Screen Is Highest Ranked Feature, Millennials Favor Customization
WILTON, Conn., March 24, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Toluna QuickSurveys today released survey findings that examine consumers' initial reactions to the highly anticipated Apple (News - Alert) Watch.
Toluna QuickSurveys, the fastest, most advanced DIY market research platform, polled 1,000 American consumers on their feedback of the mobile giant's newest product. Data ranging from preference of features to purchase intent was collected.
Survey highlights include:
TOP 3 FAVORITE FEATURES
- Overall, touch screen was the highest ranked feature among consumers (22% chose it as their #1 feature)
- 29% ranked sizing options
- 20% ranked customization
- 37% ranked health & fitness tracking capabilities
- 39% ranked iPhone (News - Alert) compatibility
- 52% ranked touch screen
- 21% ranked the ability to connect and share with other Apple Watches
- 41% ranked voice calls
- 20% ranked taptic engines
- 21% ranked sapphire glass face
- 19% ranked movement sensor
- 37% ranked waterproof speaker
- 25% ranked camera with flexible retina display
- 27% ranked inductive charging
BASED ON (News - Alert) FEATURES, WILL YOU BUY AN APPLE WATCH?
- 11% would definitely buy (59% male; 41% female)
- 31% would probably buy (42% male; 58% female)
- 36% probaby would not buy (43% male; 57% female)
- 22% definitely would not buy (60% male; 40% female)
- OVERALL, 46% of males would purchase; 54% of females would purchase.
- BUT JUST BECAUSE IT'S APPLE? Of those who said they'd definitely or probably buy, 68% of them would buy it because it's an Apple product; 93% of them have previously purchased Apple products in the past because they're made by Apple.
FEATURES CONSUMERS ARE LOOKING FOR IN A SMARTWATCH
- 68% reasonable price
- 60% waterproof
- 55% wi-fi connectivity
- 50% 1 week of battery life per charge
- 42% high screen resolution
- 40% email capability
- 38% voice call capability
- 38% camera
- 36% fitness tracking
- 25% customization (band color, face color, etc.) (A FEATURE OF APPLE WATCH)
- 19% display size of 2 inches or less
- 16% interchangeable bands and faces FEATURE OF APPLE WATCH
- 44% of millennials say customization (band color, face color) is a need-to-have if purchasing a smartwatch (38% 35-54; 18% 55+)
- Nearly half (49%) of millennials say interchangeable bands and watch faces are a need-to-have if purchasing a smartwatch (30% 35-54; 21% 55+)
- 66% of millennials say they'd definitely or probably buy because it is an Apple product
- About 1 in 3 (34%) of those aged 55+ say email capability is a need-to-have if purchasing a smartwatch
For more information about this survey, please contact Michelle McQueen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Toluna QuickSurveys:
Toluna QuickSurveys is the leading self-serve market research platform, providing direct access to a global panel of over 6 million consumers and delivering high-quality, actionable insights and real-time reporting at a fraction of the cost of other solutions. No other survey tool in the market can match its speed, reliability and cost-effectiveness.
To view the original version on PR Newswire (News - Alert), visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/toluna-quicksurveys-releases-apple-watch-survey-results-overall-touch-screen-is-highest-ranked-feature-millennials-favor-customization-300054902.html
SOURCE Toluna QuickSurveys
Edited by Stefania Viscusi
Wearable Tech World Home