Today AOL announced the debut of three innovative apps built for the Apple Watch, including Pip, the newly redesigned The Huffington Post (News - Alert) app, and the AOL app. Available on April 24, the inventive and simplified apps will include the following features:
Pip App for Apple (News - Alert) Watch, The Huffington Post App and the AOL App Available April 24 (Photo: Business Wire)
Pip App follows AOL's legacy as the creator of online messaging with an all-new messaging experience envisioned from the ground up for the Apple Watch. Pip is an easy to use, fully realized messaging app for the Apple Watch, allowing users to easily send and respond to short, simple messages with a single tap. In just a few taps, tell a friend you're running late, share your location (or ask for theirs), send them the weather, ask them to call you, and more without even having to pull out your phone.
- Designed from the ground up to be the only messaging app purpose-built for the Apple Watch
- Instantly receive messages from friends, and respond with a single tap without even having to use your iPhone (News - Alert)
- Create your own custom, pe-programmed messages in any language, and configure their color
- Available for download in 150+ countries
The Huffington Post App
brings you up-to-the-minute articles in a dynamic experience. Navigate, bookmark and share with ease through the real-time updates from The Huffington Post's Pulitzer-prize winning newsroom and international editions including the UK, Canada, Brazil, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Japan, Korea, Maghreb, Greece and India.
The AOL (News - Alert) App keeps you connected, informed and entertained with today's headlines, trending videos and AOL Mail. With its quality, advanced capabilities and easy-to-use interface, the AOL app for Apple Watch will provide users with an experience featuring:
- Designed with the Apple Watch handoff feature in mind, users can read an email or article on the Apple Watch and pick it back-up on their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- View news and email based on relevance and time using Apple Watch glances feature
- Email and breaking news notifications
- Ability to read the full text of the latest unread messages
- Quick response to emails with pre-written messages
- Quick actions that allows easy inbox management
"As a media technology company, we are committed to providing the best possible messaging, news, and mail platforms on the Apple Watch," said Bill Pence, AOL Global Chief Technology Officer. "With the Pip app, The Huffington Post app and the AOL app, we believe we're delivering products that will exceed our users expectations and enhance their Apple Watch experience."
AOL (NYSE: AOL) is a media technology company with a mission to simplify the internet for consumers and creators by unleashing the world's best builders of culture and code. As the 4th largest online property in the U.S., with approximately 200 million monthly consumers of its premium brands, AOL is at the center of disruption of how content is being produced, distributed, consumed and monetized by connecting publishers with advertisers on its global, programmatic content and advertising platforms. AOL's opportunity lies in shaping the future of the digitally connected world for decades to come. Follow us on twitter @AOL_Inc.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/multimedia/home/20150422006440/en/
Edited by Stefania Viscusi
Wearable Tech World Home