“In the world of customer service, the customer is king.” We’ve all seen different iterations of that statement, but it all boils down to one succinct truth: Without customers, you’re out of business.
Yet many employees either fail to realize that maxim, or fail to keep it top of mind every day. That’s why there’s so much churn in business, and why weak companies are just one click away from failure.
In this age of instant feedback and social media, all it takes is one unhappy customer with a Twitter (News - Alert) account and mood for vengeance, and you can find yourself in serious trouble in the blogosphere.
Recognizing this, Karyn Dupree, Director of Quality Solutions & Social Media at BPA Quality, posted a blog on the topic of “Quality.” BPA is a global leader in independent-quality evaluation, customer insight and people development solutions, so they know what they’re talking about. Dupree’s select quotes are worth knowing, studying and sharing with your staffers. It’s a pretty sure bet that your competitors already have.
14 Quality Quotes for Call Center Managers & Agents:
1. “Quality is the best business plan.” -- Jahn Lasseter, PIXAR
2. “Be a yardstick of Quality.” -- Steve Jobs, Apple (News - Alert)
3. “Quality is not an act. It is a habit.” -- Aristotle
4. “When you’re out of Quality, you’re out of business.” -- Anon
5. “Our innovation makes us first, our Quality makes us last.” -- Scott Adams, U.S. Cartoonist
6. “We have two ears and one mouth, so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.” -- Epictetus
7. “Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten.” -- Gucci Family Slogan
8. “It is easier to do a job right, than to explain why you didn’t.” -- Martin Van Buren
9. “Excellent firms don’t believe in excellence — only in constant improvement and constant change.” -- Tom Peters
10. “If you build a great experience, customers tell each other about that. Word of mouth is very powerful.” -- Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com (News - Alert)
11. “Customer satisfaction is worthless. Customer loyalty is priceless.” -- Jeffrey Gitomer
12. “If you’re not serving the customer, your job is to be serving someone who is.” -- Jan Carlzon, ex-CEO SAP (News - Alert) Group
13. “In the world of Internet Customer Service, it’s important to remember your competitor is only one mouse click away.” -- Doug Warner
14. “Why wait to be memorable?” -- Tony Robbins
Edited by Dominick Sorrentino