Total telecommunications cost management has become one of the hottest sectors in today's business process automation marketplace and as large organizations are faced with change due to growth who they chose to deliver a consistent Telecom Service is critical.
It is a considerable task consisting of maintaining and upgrading the necessary infrastructure, and tracking bills and keeping an accurate inventory of infrastructure is even extremely difficult and time consuming.
That is why companies like MDSL (News - Alert) offer Telecom Expense Management (TEM) platforms that reduce the unnecessary costs and inefficiencies that enterprises encounter while paying for these telecommunications services. The service is designed to help ensure companies only pay for the services they receive — and at their contracted rates.
In addition, TEM works to ensure an organization’s telecom inventory is up-to-date so managers are in a position to make real- time decisions about ordering or canceling telecom services, according to MDSL.
MDSL’s OnDemand, Everywhere service provides the entire Telecom Expense Management solution OnDemand. That means there is no investment in hardware, software or infrastructure necessary. The Telecom Expense Management system and reporting are instantly available when you want them and where you need them.
The MDSL solution offers to improve the management of a telecom assets, and control of telecom spending to enables businesses to thoroughly check and automate the billing for your voice, data and wireless services.
MDSL has provided a list of the service and benefits below.
- The most obvious benefits of MDSL TEM are the financial refunds and credits that can be generated by billing error corrections, which can typically range from between 6 percent to 20 percent of the total telecom expenditure.
- The OnDemand nature of the service provides validation savings through ongoing, dynamic audits. Savings can be gained though both current credits applied to immediate bills as well as costs avoided over a future period.
- MDSL TEM enables organizations to charge back users and cost centers for their relevant telecom usage.
Inventory and Optimization
- At the heart of the MDSL TEM solution is a specialized inventory management system that documents the telecom environment in precise detail, including full cost analysis for instant identification and tracking.
- Because MDSL TEM provides a better business insight into telecom spending and usage, the organization can apply that knowledge toward more efficient management of its users’ requirements and its suppliers.
- Businesses can realize strategic benefits by fine-tuning the management of services, vendors, technology, and pricing plans.
Managed Application Services
- Because MDSL TEM is an OnDemand service there is no hardware or software to install and maintain and no capital expenditure. This allows you to remain focused on your core business.
- Simply subscribe to the most advanced TEM services in the market and leverage automated tools and best practice methodologies from any web browser.
- TEM OnDemand gives you access to a wealth of online management reports and keeps you in control of strategic decisions.
Tim Gray is a Web Editor for TMCnet, covering news in the IP communications, call center and customer relationship management industries. To read more of Tim�s articles, please visit his columnist page.
Edited by Tim Gray