Intermedia (News - Alert) announced its new simplified Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) platform, Intermedia Unite, is now available. The platform is specifically created for small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs). Some of the features include a next-gen phone system, integrated screen sharing, video collaboration, and backup and file sharing.
Michael Gold, CEO of Intermedia, explained: "Voice and UCaaS are the fastest growing areas of our company, now accounting for nearly half of our total new business. Through our recent AnyMeeting acquisition, we've joined video collaboration and screen sharing with our leading Cloud PBX (News - Alert) and workplace collaboration offerings in one extremely secure, reliable, and robust product. The result is Intermedia Unite, a truly integrated, highly mobile UCaaS platform that enables businesses to realize greater productivity and collaboration, while being even easier for partners to sell, set up, manage, and support."
The main features of Intermedia Unite are:
- 90+ enterprise-grade all-inclusive calling features: call flip (one touch transfer to mobile or office phone), call park, call transfer, Do Not Disturb functionality which sends all calls straight to voicemail, call recording, voicemail transcription, 3-way calling, auto attendant, hunt groups, etc.
- Collaborate with Intermedia AnyMeeting: the integrated High Definition (HD) video conferencing and screen sharing solution delivers enhanced collaboration with the option for each user to have their own personal URL to join a meeting
- Take the office phone anywhere with the Unite Mobile App: any mobile device becomes a business tool with visual voicemail, contacts, call history, etc.
- Unite Desktop App Helps Manage Calls: Acts like a remote control for the associated desk phone, including click-to-call functionality and the ability to launch AnyMeeting with just one click.
- Workplace collaboration with Intermedia SecuriSync: Get easy and secure file sync and share with automatic, real-time backup for desktops, mobile devices and the web, with intuitive point-in-time file recovery.
- Better administrative tools: One easy-to-use interface, Intermedia's HostPilot® control panel helps create and manage users, adjust system settings, order hardware and services, run call reports, etc.
According to Frost & Sullivan (News - Alert), the UCaaS market is said to grow from $3.75 billion in 2016 to $14.83 billion in 2023.
The inevitability of Cloud Communications will be a major topic at ITEXPO (News - Alert) 2018 in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida (Feb. 14-16), with conference sessions focusing on adoption trends, leveraging SD-WAN for better UCaaS, and how companies and providers can best capitalize on the M&A trends we’re seeing in the space. One of the firms that has been heavily involved as an acquirer, Mitel (News - Alert), will be discussing how UCaaS can provide a competitive edge to any business during a keynote address.
Edited by Erik Linask