Managing all aspects of telecom services at an enterprise level may seem a daunting task, but as with many difficult operations there are those willing to undertake the challenge.
The team at Amtel (News - Alert) has undertaken, and achieved, this mission with its Enterprise Software Solution services. In addition to its Telecommunications Procurement Management, the solution provides Telecommunications Procurement Management, Invoice Management, Auditing, Chargeback Accounting, Mobile Management, Vendor Contract Management and more at an organization.
The company’s overall platform, Telecom Information Management System or TIMS, is an award winning Web based platform designed and developed at Amtel to manage all aspects of telecom services at an Enterprise. The solution has SAS (News - Alert) 70 Type II certified hosting to bring the highest level of security and compliance to an Organization, according to the company.
Individual users at client companies can log into the system using a password and connect to interface after which the gain access to sophisticated front-end for an even more sophisticated and complex database system that’s custom-built for each enterprise.
And while Amtel’s system Enterprise Software Solution is an industry standard, the company goes a step further with is Wireless management application. Amtel is a provider of both landline and mobile management solutions and had the advantage of perfecting the platform before going mobile.
As wireless management continues to grow with more businesses adopting mobile technologies, mobile management has evolved into a sophisticated and complicated process.
According to Amtel, determining the best optimal usage plan such as: which device and feature best suits the needs of an employee; how to track authorized users; how to track new orders; disconnect users; devices breakdown; allocate costs across different departments spread among different vendor’s and more are making managing mobile services a difficult task at an organization.
The features include:
- Procurement Manager tracks all the changes in the mobile environment at an Enterprise. Order new activations with right rate plans; disconnect departing employees; equipment returns; reporting port over from one carrier to another and more is handled in Procurement Manager. Any change implemented in Procurement Manager automatically gets reflected in the Inventory Manager which gives the snapshot of all the assets at the company. Companies get complete visibility and control from order placement to installation to validation.
- Policy Manager enforces mobile procurement and usage based policies throughout an Enterprise. Telecom manager can setup usage thresholds across multiple parameters for different set of users. System can automatically send audit reports to responsible managers.
- Invoice Manager enables complete telecom invoice processing. It fully automates the invoice management and charge back across groups/locations within an Enterprise. Companies can set allocation rules for cost centers based on variety of factors including percentage share or revenue/spend.
- Audit Manager allows accurate validation of charges against mobile inventory. Client can endorse their invoices against existing contracts. It allows telecom manager to send discrepancy billing tickets to the service providers electronically.
- Inventory Manager creates and maintains a dynamic Inventory of all cellular assets across an enterprise to a centralized location. It is updated automatically with changes made in Procurement Manager to keep it current and accurate. Inventory Manager is the cornerstone for auditing invoices. An accurate inventory is essential for billing management, contract negotiation and consolidation of non working mobile lines.
- Optimization Manager maximizes utilization of mobile resources across an Enterprise. Our copyright alogorithms achieve best return on investment for mobile spend.
- Contract Manager provides tools to an Enterprise for managing and ensuring compliance with multiple carrier contracts. It tracks monthly spends to correlate commitment levels. The client would automatically get renewal notification for the contracts near the end of their term.
- Report Manager generates an extensive array of reports which can be configured to the needs of an Enterprise. The finance manager needs different set of reports than an IT manager- all leading to enhanced operational efficiencies. Reporting can be done for chargeback accounting, location breakup charges, employee cellular equipment types, plan types, pooling optimization services and more.
- Professional Services are the corner stone of our mobile offering. Our experts would work side by side with you in setting up & selecting right plans, negotiating contracts with carriers, instituting wireless policies and more at your organization.
Tim Gray is a Web Editor for TMCnet, covering news in the IP communications, call center and customer relationship management industries. To read more of Tim�s articles, please visit his columnist page.
Edited by Tim Gray