SPIRIT DSP (News - Alert) has upgraded its TeamSpirit Voice and Video Engine, a sophisticated cross-platform mobile VVoIP SDK (Software Development Kit) for service providers, software application developers and OEMs/ODMs.
TeamSpirit Voice &Video Engine is compatible with RCS-e and VoLTE specifications. It includes resource-efficient voice and video codecs, echo and noise suppression, advanced tools for stream protection and adaptation to changes in network, execution and physical environments.
Apart from standard IMS codecs, SPIRIT offers industry-leading IP-MR (IETF RFC 6262) adaptive and error-resilient HD voice coding technology, selected by Tier1 service providers to deliver HD voice communications to dozens of millions of users of their mobile VVoIP services.
"The world of communications is rapidly changing due to convergence of IT and telecom. The all-IP approach is becoming mainstream in the enterprise and consumer spaces, while the rapid deployment of LTE (News - Alert) networks brings rich communications (RCS), HD voice, video calls, SaaS videoconferencing and other amazing services to dozens of millions of users,” said Alexander Kravchenko, VP of sales for SPIRIT. “With TeamSpirit 3.5, we are expanding our partnerships with leading operators and solution providers developing top quality voice and video communication software products for 3G/4G networks, mobile devices and personal computers.
TeamSpirit Voice & Video Engine 3.5 includes the following:
- Support for all the latest and most popular mobile OSs, including Android (News - Alert) and iOS, as well as a complete variety of PC browsers, keeps a developer from investing in the development of complex digital signal processing.
- Next-gen Automatic Rate Selection (ARS) technology targets future RCS/IMS/VoLTE services. It relies on the latest SPIRIT algorithmic innovations and greatly improves video call quality on wireless connections.
- The new advanced ARS subsystem handles an even more accurate stream adaptation to changing network environments, enabling solid improvements in quality and stability of voice and video services in 3G/4G networks.
- Support for multi-core CPUs adds more optimization of software codecs and hardware acceleration to greatly increase performance (frames per second and resolution), bringing desktop-class video quality to mobile devices.
- Supports voice calls in background mode, Notification APIs (such as timeout on absence of incoming video streams) and other new features that allow for the implementation of user-friendly designs.
- Support for multiple camera sources (multiple streams), recording to and playback from AVI format, DSCP QoS and improved compatibility with third-party terminals, providing a wide range of opportunities for the implementation of value-added features.
Recently, Rostelecom licensed SPIRIT DSP'S VideoMost.com software to provide OTT multipoint videoconferencing services to its corporate customers under its own brand. Powered by SPIRIT's TeamSpirit Conferencing Platform, VideoMost is award-winning, massively multipoint, Web-based videoconferencing software. The product enables carriers, service/SaaS (News - Alert) providers and enterprises to offer self- branded videoconferencing services from the cloud or via a premise installation.
Want to learn more about the latest in communications and technology? Then be sure to attend ITEXPO West 2012, taking place Oct. 2-5, in Austin, TX. Stay in touch with everything happening at ITEXPO (News - Alert). Follow us on Twitter.
Edited by Braden Becker